Reef Discussion

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Crab
Ok i have a big hairy crab in my tank , i have pulled half the tank apart tying to get it with no luck, only up set everything, he is knocking corals on top of one another and damaging them, any ideals please

ezza

Sep 17, 2017
Wellington, NZ
@Susan Bates how did you go? I was thinking about it, you could use a bunch of things, a soft drink bottle, a plastic food container with a sheet of cling wrap or something over it held on by a rubber band, with a hole in the top... a piece of pvc pipe with one end closed and something to stop it going back up.... I hope you get it and then feed it to your fish and coral for dinner!

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Th
@Susan Bates how did you go? I was thinking about it, you could use a bunch of things, a soft drink bottle, a plastic food container with a sheet of cling wrap or something over it held on by a rubber band, with a hole in the top... a piece of pvc pipe with one end closed and something to stop it going back up.... I hope you get it and then feed it to your fish and coral for dinner!
Thanks, I tried it last night prawn in a glass, the prawn is gone and no crab, it is that big it knocked a rock over on top of my clam, i am devastated

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
I just got him in a glass with a prawn in it after trying for 3 nights, i felt sorry for him when i had to dispose of him, but could not have him in the tank, did 2 much damage:cry