Reef Discussion

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Hi Marcus,

I don't think this is a Pocci as you mentioned in our phone conversation, in my opinion this is an Acro that was collected from an area of high turbulence, hence the growth form.
Sadly this short stumpy growth type should not be chosen for our aquariums as survival rates are lower than traditional growth forms.

reefmaniac

Oct 18, 2011
Hi Marcus,

I don't think this is a Pocci as you mentioned in our phone conversation, in my opinion this is an Acro that was collected from an area of high turbulence, hence the growth form.
Sadly this short stumpy growth type should not be chosen for our aquariums as survival rates are lower than traditional growth forms.

thanks for the reply nils. is already sitting in the tank. give it a try. see how it goes. there is some improve meant on the bald tip which is some polyp has grown on it. will post video later on the progress:) .

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I think it will be fine! It is used to high flow and a life of constant waves crashing around.
Proberbly survive the occasional tsunami even ;)

Uglyman

Mar 9, 2012
Pyalong
I have an acro that is very similar in structure (short, stubby) and it has totally changed growth structure since introduction into my tank, it is now growing into a very slim stag and changed from a light blue to a dark green/blue and the new growth tips are flourescent blue. It amazes me how adaptable some corals are yet others the tiniest temp or alk swing and they are dead lol.