Reef Discussion

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Coral Feeding
not everyone feeds their corals but i would like to hear others opinions.
i feed
marine snow
reef roids
rotifiers
daphnia
coral vitaliser

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
that doesent work to well. i put it in a cup, mix it in with salt water all together and mix is with my frozen mysis and brine. so when i feed the fish it also feeds the corals ;)

I use tropic marine phyto pro and a big mix of different meaty foods for my lps with mouths.... I will either target or just chuck it in their and they catch what they like... alot of it's invisible to the eye and they filter feed it

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
I grow in tubs of waste tank water in my yard. Generally use the algae to enrich Rotifera when feeding to fry. Happy to supply some Nanochlorpsis to those after some. PM me for detail. All I ask is that you pay for postage if you cannot pick up

I do the same , feeding Nano that is along with a tiny bit of Vodka dosing to boost bacterial levels. (my phosphates are still high) I also dont run a skimmer....oh and from time to time i dose with bread yeast too :).

I can help out with Nano if anyone is wanting some too on the goldie.

Below is my third Seahorse fry batch in their fry catcher tank. I am going to be going Chris's way and doing the green water outside...i just dont have enough to keep it up to them growing it on the window sill.

I cant imbed it but here is a link to my photobucket account with a video of the new horses
http://s1097.photobucket.com/albums...ier Tank/?action=view&current=17072011002.mp4

Talmier

Jul 24, 2011
I just let mine fight the fish for food, then again I don't have anything to impressive

2 Leathers

1 Torch

marineclass

Jul 12, 2011
Gold Coast
I do the same , feeding Nano that is along with a tiny bit of Vodka dosing to boost bacterial levels. (my phosphates are still high) I also dont run a skimmer....oh and from time to time i dose with bread yeast too :).

I can help out with Nano if anyone is wanting some too on the goldie.

Below is my third Seahorse fry batch in their fry catcher tank. I am going to be going Chris's way and doing the green water outside...i just dont have enough to keep it up to them growing it on the window sill.
Those sea horses are looking good mate! Does the Nano produce much smell outside?