Reef Discussion

Adam_w

Jul 6, 2016
Coral Banded Shrimp
Heyoooo

I've had a coral banded shrimp for about 6 months now and now that I've moved with a few mates it's actually become their favourite thing in the tank.

I know you can buy them in mated pair but seeing as I already have one what are the chances of a second one being taken in?

If not possible any other similar species I can have?

Tank is 3ft long 1.5ft deep 1ft front to back (roughly)

Any advice on current stocking levels would be good as well, not sure if im on the high or low end... works out around 140ltr in the display

2x clown fish (one is freaking tiny and won't grow at all)
1x flame angel
1x coral banded shrimp
1x purple headed wrasse
1x pajama cardinal

everyone gets on fine very active, seems like it's plenty of swimming space for them all even though the clowns dont really move

few astrea and turbo snails and some small hermits as well

shaidas

Jan 30, 2017
Heyoooo

I've had a coral banded shrimp for about 6 months now and now that I've moved with a few mates it's actually become their favourite thing in the tank.

I know you can buy them in mated pair but seeing as I already have one what are the chances of a second one being taken in?

If not possible any other similar species I can have?

Tank is 3ft long 1.5ft deep 1ft front to back (roughly)

Any advice on current stocking levels would be good as well, not sure if im on the high or low end... works out around 140ltr in the display

2x clown fish (one is freaking tiny and won't grow at all)
1x flame angel
1x coral banded shrimp
1x purple headed wrasse
1x pajama cardinal

everyone gets on fine very active, seems like it's plenty of swimming space for them all even though the clowns dont really move

few astrea and turbo snails and some small hermits as well

Why not exchange the one you have for a bonded pair ?

Adam_w

Jul 6, 2016
Because he's my little shrimpy! I don't want to exchange him he's been with me for a while now and would feel so guilty taking him back to the shop

shaidas

Jan 30, 2017
Because he's my little shrimpy! I don't want to exchange him he's been with me for a while now and would feel so guilty taking him back to the shop
Fair enough :). Then unfortunately shrimpy cannot have a partner