New To Reefing

sirdanhvt

Mar 31, 2019
Coral Advices
Hi everyone,

I added a few corals to my new 75G tank last saturday. Some are doing well and others are not.

• Xenia seems dying
  • Green Capnella are dying
  • Hammer is not really happy but looks like still can survie
  • Green star polyps are doing very well
  • Elegance is doing very well
  • Green morph is doing well
  • Organge morph is not happy. It always retract and seems like hate light and flow.
My water parameters are as below:
  • Temperature: 24.5
  • Salinity: 1.025
  • PH: 8.4
  • Amonia: 0
  • Nitrite: 0
  • Nitrate: 12
  • Calcium: 480
  • Alkalinity: 12
  • Mg: 1290
  • Phosphate: 0.2
I keep the light on around 10 hours.

My questions now are :

- Should I take out the Xenia and Capnella or leave them there for a few more days ?
- What should I do with the hammer to make it better ? I know nitrate and phothates abit high but I heard someone said that can help coral grow. Please advise.
- Should I keep my Elegance like that or put it on substrate ?
- If you have any advices please let me know.

I attached herewith some photos. All your comments and advices are welcome. Thanks heaps.

PS: I have two clown fish and cheato in the sump. They are doing well.

IMG_3784.jpg
IMG_3780.jpg
IMG_3779.jpg
IMG_3786.jpg
IMG_3778.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2013
Palm Beach
Parameters look good, some aren't spot on, but those wouldn't cause corals to do bad in a stablished tank. I would raise temperature to 25.5C, mag to 1350 and keep the routine going.

I wouldn't remove any coral, as they don't look like reached point of no return.

How old is the tank? What is the volume?

Given the lack of Coralline, I would guess it is an young tank and that could be the reason. It takes a little while for it to mature, stabilize and corals to start thriving.

sirdanhvt

Mar 31, 2019
Thanks Franklin. I lost two corals, Xeinia and Green Capnella. The rest are doing fine.