Reef Discussion

alteclansing

Aug 6, 2011
Converting a Fresh to Marine - Low cabinet height
Hi all,

Going to convert my 3ft *1.5 * 1.5 to Marine (bedroom tank). My cabinet height is only 45-48cm. Can you guys give me a list of good skimmers that can fit in there, internal skimmer please. It will be on a timer to switch off at night.

If skimmer is not possible (low height), I was wondering if I can do a skimmerless Miracle Mud way. Alright I dont want to get into a debate here. I just want Genuine answers, in my opinion, if it works, it works, but how great it works? Please let me know.

Do you know how much will it cost me to take my tank to a tank maker to add in a internal wier, Calfo (2 holes), and a 1.5ft * 1ft * 35cm sump(what skimmer?)??

Cheers

Hil

In my opinion rather then convert its cheaper these day
to just purchase a already set up marine tank :)
i got my current 3x1.5x1.5 same size as urs for $150
with stand , light , chiller ,skimmer , sump , all pumps and
plumbing , fish , liverock and coral
i am a bargain shopper ... got my current 6x2x2.4 ( with 12mm glass)
with skimmer , 4x2x2 sump , pumps plumbing , chiller, two massive 6
foot arcadia metal halide led and t5 combo units , live sand ,
sump materials ( sand , bio balls , filter wool , etc) stand and 3 180 gallon water drums for $200 :)
eah ...MR BARGAIN SHOPPER...u just need to look at the right time ahah
but yeah even for a convert tank defianately start bigger... 4x2x2 is my recommended size :)

also no idea about the skimmer ahha....never bought one before..just use the ones previosu owners have used..
the bubble magus is good ive heard :P
but yeah goodluck ahah :P
thanks

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
hey tim id have to go against that. if you have the tank etc allready and its in good condition there will be no problem using it!.
what lights are you going to use hil?