News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Coming Soon...
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you all in on the stuff that is being worked on at the moment. The Reefuge staff are working really hard to make this website the best it can possibly be. So here is a quick rundown of what you should expect to see in the next couple of months.

Wiki - Our wiki is slowly gaining more and more information. To add to this, it is neatly presented, with really cool features. Identification will be made easy soon, as all types of coral / fish / etc will have a thumbnail to easily identify things. Added to this, the wiki will be completely integrated into the forums so keywords will be viewable.

Market - The market is going to be completely changed. Right now there are a whole bunch of forums which are an attempt at making buying, selling, trading easier. This is very basic and not a great way of doing things. The new system will include the buyers reputation (see reefTrader) and a payment gateway so all purchases can be done through this site (similar to ebay). Easier listing and search functions, along with AJAX for fast browsing. I am really excited about this feature, and I hope you all enjoy using it.

Remote Forum Hosting - The Reefuge will slowly start allowing business' to advertise on these forums. Each business who would like to advertise will get great features. These are as follows;

* Business forum url redirect (http://yourname.thereefuge.com)

* Your very own remotely hosted forums. Not only will you get a forum within the "Business" forum, allowing members to see your presence, but your forum will be capable of doing everything that The Reefuge forum can do. You can have forums of your own "Specials", "Orders", "Reviews" etc, and even use them as your business' official forums.

* Forums will have their own theme to suit the business' website.

* Forums will have all available addons included.

* Part of this deal, allows you to advertise on The Reefuge Radio for free.

That is all I am going to reveal for now.

Thanks.

V

'vspec'

Take two shots of this grapper and call me in the morning. Problem solved!
*sigh* ~ there's a solution for everything these days..lol