Tank Journal Archive

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Clownfish At The Ready
So the tank has been cycling away nicely, that Dr Tims stuff is amazing, Id always thought most of those instant cycle products were BS but you cant argue with the results when you can back it up by test kit.

Levels are all on the low or undetectable side and the macro in the light reactor is growing slowly.

I have been running 3% daily water changes on the litermeter and feeding either a cube of frozen or a 1/4 teaspoon of NLS each day

Im probably over the top with CUC at the moment with the tank being cleaned smooth, but im sure the bioload that is on its way will sort that out.

This is part of a clutch that has been now put aside that should be making its way to me in a few weeks time :)

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Congrats... in hindsight, I maybe should have taken the Dr. Tim route.
Looking forward to watching the progress.
Jac
It's not the cheapest stuff, I think it was $80 for what is essentially just over a nano. With a tank your size I can't imagine how much the recommended dose would set you back.

The bottles sold in Australia also do not have the expiry dates stamped on them so you do not know how old of a bottle you are getting.

I honestly went into it expecting to either get snake oil or an expired bottle that hardly did anything.