Reef Discussion

daniel

Nov 24, 2011
macleod, melbourne
clown fish with two red spots on mouth?
hi guys, this clown has been driving me nuts, always bumping with my yellow dotty back and last night i walked into my room and one of my corals was tipped over? i put it back came back a hour later it was tipped over and again this morning, it also noticed there was like bite marks on the edge of it, really pissed off, and then this morning i noticed my clown on its upper and lower lips it lookslike a scratch but i dont no looked it up and all the ones i have seen say its just light its been fighting? but i dont no can some one tell me, photo will be up in a sec, just cleaning the tank atm

cheers

daniel

Nov 24, 2011
macleod, melbourne
think its called lavia, now i dont no if it was broken off or bitten because i have found a bit of it on the sand bed on the other side of the tank

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Favia?? I just thought the clown may have been trying to host in the coral - but not if it is a Favia or something similar.

I will have a look at the pictures tonight.

Axe S

Aug 29, 2011
Gladstone Qld
I't's probably about to lay eggs if you have a pair..
My maroon female likes to clear er area when laying.. she'll move all the loose rocks and corals out of her way..

daniel

Nov 24, 2011
macleod, melbourne
i only have one, what happens if it does lay eggs haha? there is nothing to fetalise them apart from my yellow dottyback but that wont work they rnt dogs that go cross breeds hahahaha, vaultboy u drunk mate? haha hard day at work? only thing that comes to my head when u say v and b haha