Reef Discussion

Scottrotton

HTTPS://REEF.EXCHANGE
Oct 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Clown Fish Disease
Hi All,

I noticed some strange marks on my black onyx perc clown, cant figure out what it is,

the camera pics up a little fin damage but theres also a small amount of discoulation to the body, it seems a shade lighter then the rest of its body, the other clown is fine.

Water Params

Sal 1.022
Ammonia 0
Nirite 0
Nitrate 2ppm
Phosphates 0.10
PH 8.0

Alk?? no kit
Calcium 490

The female has been attacking the male, he then submits has his little fin n there back to normal, theres only these 2 fish in the tank.

Water Temp is at a constant 80F
P1070069.JPG
P1070070.JPG

Scottrotton

Oct 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia
An update to this, It seems it has started to breathe heavily and also has white poo, I cant find a place here that sells the medication so looks like I will have to leave it to die.

Shame as its just started to get used to my hammer too, the other fish also seems to have faded colour so it will also be too late for that one too.

Matt_84

Apr 30, 2012
Cooma
I cant really see the marks on the pic.
Google brooklynella, does it look like that?

Where are you located mate? Shame to let it die, they are nice looking clowns

Meller

Aug 13, 2011
Canberra
I think its more likely to be Amyloodinium just going from the description.... IF thats what it is then by the team you've read this its already too late :(

Scottrotton

Oct 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Thanks for the replays but it doesn't look like brook to me when comparing to google images.

The seem to be behaving much better today. Eating again and swimming around, yesterday the male was hiding under my hammer all day and looked like he could I early swim so I was expecting to see a dead fish this morning.

The discolouration is still there but hasn't gotten any worse. My camera doesn't show it but I will try get a video. Maybe that will work

Meller

Aug 13, 2011
Canberra
Still sounds like Amyloodinium to me...
which is most definitely not the same as brook, even though they are VERY hard to tell apart.

Scottrotton

Oct 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Hi all heres an update,

I kept on top of it and carried on feeding them, changed form feeding once a day to 2 small feeds.
I went to the LFS and bought some garlic plus, added it to some mysis, soaked and drained, feed it to them twice a week.

They seem to be making a recovery, colour is coming back and they seem normal, the males find still has faded colours but its slowly getting there.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Happy to hear it. I find that good food, low stress and excellent water quality will get a fish healthy again over time without dumping a heap of medicines in the tank.