Reef Discussion

beau

Jun 12, 2013
craigieburn
Clean Up Crew
Hey guys and girl's, sorry to have to post here but I am in need. I have posted in marketplace too. I am chasing some cuc, not overly mobile atm so I am willing to pay a bit extra if you could drop off to tullamarine in melbourne. No lfs I can get to can seem to get me anything, after a few pappermint and banded shrimp, assortment of snails and some red or blue legged hermit crabs. Hopefully someone can help me out

JoeT

Sep 1, 2013
Don't want to hijack the thread but I am also interested as well but happy to let Beau have his pick first seeing as this is his thread.

I do have a question though, tank cycled and 4 fish with a couple of coral. At what stage do you put in clean up crew, I do have some algae issues at the moment but i think reducing the light intensity my have worked.

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
Don't want to hijack the thread but I am also interested as well but happy to let Beau have his pick first seeing as this is his thread.

I do have a question though, tank cycled and 4 fish with a couple of coral. At what stage do you put in clean up crew, I do have some algae issues at the moment but i think reducing the light intensity my have worked.
You wanna get them in as early as you can,
nass snails are great you can get them cheap at any lfs.

beau

Jun 12, 2013
craigieburn
Your right mate hijack away, I've lined a few things up. Recommend a lawnmower blenny, I picked one up yesterday and he has been going hack since I put him in on the algae. My blue tang has been smashing it too after about 12 hours after introduced

JoeT

Sep 1, 2013
At the moment I seem to be in transition from brown algae to green hairy algae stage. I have also added a Lawn Mower Blenny 'Billy' and yes he loves attacking the algae. Blue Tang could be an interesting addition he is high on our must get list and seeing as he is a algae smasher now could be a good time.

beau

Jun 12, 2013
craigieburn
At the moment I seem to be in transition from brown algae to green hairy algae stage. I have also added a Lawn Mower Blenny 'Billy' and yes he loves attacking the algae. Blue Tang could be an interesting addition he is high on our must get list and seeing as he is a algae smasher now could be a good time.
Well I can't say definate algae smasher but mine is doing a ripper job considering she is only about an inch and been in the tank 4 to 5 days... also loves frozen mysis. Just put 5 cowry in, getting 2 pepps this arvy and a few snails from doc (Should be sent monday arrive tuesday) ordered another 6 pepps from I think aqurialand? Who ever it was, can't remember the name does door to door post. Fingers crossed