Help / Suggestions

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
Chrome Incompatibility?
I've raised this before but when using Chrome with this forum I cannot view the original picture attached to thumbnails. I'm running the current version of Chrome with no extensions or add ons. I have been having this issue ever since Reefuge went to the new structure. It is fine if I view it with IE10 but not Chrome.

I tried to view Miller's latest post but when I click on thumbnails this is all I get.
Untitled.jpg

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
I have the same issue in both ie 10 & 11and Firefox. I find that it takes a while to load the full image.
That image I posted stayed like that for 7 minutes while I was composing the message, etc. I cannot view thumbnails at all :(

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
I've raised this before but when using Chrome with this forum I cannot view the original picture attached to thumbnails. I'm running the current version of Chrome with no extensions or add ons. I have been having this issue ever since Reefuge went to the new structure. It is fine if I view it with IE10 but not Chrome.

I tried to view Miller's latest post but when I click on thumbnails this is all I get.
View attachment 37300
Hello @Ian G,

As far as I can tell from the image it is not a browser problem. The problem is that the lightbox is downloading all of the images to display in the lightbox (so when you click the next button the image displays quickly). Due to users uploading images that range from 2 - 5 megabytes, what you are trying to load is potentially 50mb or more of data. The website will wait until you have downloaded all of the data before displaying the image.

If you would like to browse each image independently, click on the image files name (text) rather than the image itself. This will take you directly to the image and prevent loading of all of the attached images.

Thanks.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Have to admit, I find the lightbox completely useless due to the load times mentioned, and end up opening the images in a new tab myself instead.

Not sure if there are any alternatives?

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello @Ian3145

As stated above

"If you would like to browse each image independently, click on the image files name (text) rather than the image itself. This will take you directly to the image and prevent loading of all of the attached images."

Thanks.

CodyS

Sep 22, 2012
Can't say it has worried me, but what I don't get is why people don't just add them in the post?

Makes it longer but I'm going to look at them all anyway haha