New To Reefing

Kial

Jan 24, 2018
Changing Aquascape
ive had my tank up and running for around 6 months now but I’m not to keen on my aquascape. I’m looking at taking it all out this weekend and starting from scratch, have a few fish in there plus coral but I’m planning on putting these into a holding tank whilst I rearrange.
Does anyone have any advice on doing this?

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Sure - that’s ok, just do it, keep a bit of live rock in the holding tank/ pond to provide nitrifying bacteria, don’t let salinity increase beyond safe levels and the same said for temperature / don’t feed the fish too.... add an airstone or good current, Be aware of coral touching each other as this will result in necrosis, good luck and may the aqua scape gods shine . The quicker the better for all mate.

Kial

Jan 24, 2018
Holding tank is all set up, matched my display and got some rock in there so I’m good to go! Just hope I can make the scape better this time

Kial

Jan 24, 2018
All done, was more challenging than I expected and was lucky to have my partner there giving me a hand. I’m 100% happy with the new scape as there is so much more space to easily place corals plus better flow.
Didn’t get a spike in any parameter and corals and fish were happy straight away again.
I’ve attached a before and after

Attachments