Reef Discussion

joey13

Dec 1, 2013
Can Anyone Temporarily House A Fish For Me??!!
G'day guys & Girls,

Well as some of you may have seen, my tank is now ready to start cycling!!!

I have made a deal with a fellow reefer for 80kg of LR and 4 Fish. Taking the fish with the rock was the only agreement we could come to as his system was still up and running and needed the Live Rock in order to keep the fishies alive! Given that my tank needs to cycle, I have nowhere in the interim to store the fish.

I plan to pick up the rock and live stock on Thursday evening. I have managed to sell 3 out of the 4 fish which I've arranged to have picked up Thursday (20th Feb) night as soon as I get home with the rock.

In the event I am unable to sell off the remaining fish by Thursday, is there anyone out there in VIC who is relatively close to me (Melton West) that may have somewhere for him to go in the meantime??? Would be until he is either sold or my tank has cycled whichever comes first.

He is a very very nice tomato clown approx 3 inches in size. Owner has had him for 4 years in a well established FOWLER tank 4x2x2. I have seen the fish in person and he appears very fat and healthy and I have seen him eating dry foods. If you like him enough, you can have him for a very cheap price of $20!

Until I can arrange something, I cannot pickup the Live Rock to get my tank going!

Your assistance is very much appreciated!

Thanks guys,
Joey.

joey13

Dec 1, 2013
Hey @jimbo,

Thanks heaps for the offer and I will definitely keep it in mind.

Would be majorly out of the way in terms of the schedule so far but we will see what happens.

Getting the live rock and fish from Leopold and have to take it back to Melton West.

Hopefully someone closer can help out. Thanks heaps though and I will keep you posted!

Joey.

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
I'm all out the way in SE suburbs - completely opposite to where you are sorry. You could ask your LFS if there is no where for it to go?

Oak Park-VIC

Sep 4, 2013
joey-i can assist and keep it in my sump-as i have my DT with sand and live rock ONLY atm and would be painful to catch it once your tank is ready....it would be the only fish in my system if your happy with that..im in oak park-near pascoe vale/glenroy area-if that helps....

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
I'm in Geelong and happy for him to go in my frag section too. I won't out him in the display as it could take weeks to get him out again!!!

Sam