Reef Discussion

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Can Anyone Around Narre Warren House A Sps For Me
Hey all,

I have a SPS that is having it's tips smashed by a Kleins.

Might be a month or so before I can get all the fish out (and I have no hope of catching the Kleins until I empty the DT).

Can anyone house my SPS for a month or so? I'm trying to save it all from being eaten.

Thx

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Small hook , say size 14 - 20, made even smaller with long nose pliers, ultra light line, say fluorocarbon , happy fishing.... All I can say is worked for me in the past. Then fish traps are your next best option, clear plastic bags work a treat, round them into the bag . For me , emptying the display tank never , ever worked only caused me headache. Good luck mate, I know what it's like trapping and catching the chosen ones.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
I seriously have no room otherwise I'd help.

If he sleeps in an easy to get at spot I recon that would be the best time. I did that with a coral beauty waited till midnight went in moved a rock and snatched him out by hand.

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
I've got plenty of room in wheelers hill. But I'm still waiting on my ro filter. So water levels aren't quite right

E

ezza

Just too far away to help... May I suggest a shark? *cheeky face*

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
I've got plenty of room but there's a chance it will brown out if one of those hard to keep types. Still happy to have it. I'm in aspendale though

TVSAQUATICS

May 27, 2014
TVS Aquatics is happy to help if you would like. Will be in our store holding tank where our corals are. We babysit . fishsit and coralsit. When needed . we do charge $10 per week if you are interested. We are in Hallam

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Thanks for the reminder @TVSAQUATICS

I pulled it form the sump last night (actually forgot about it).

It's bleached out. I'll keep it in the DT and see if anything happens for a week otherwise it's a write off.:(

Hopefully it's alive and will colour up again.

Polyps

May 26, 2014
Sorry to hear and also for the late offer but happy to help if need be. Endeavour Hills

Polyps

May 26, 2014
TVS Aquatics is happy to help if you would like. Will be in our store holding tank where our corals are. We babysit . fishsit and coralsit. When needed . we do charge $10 per week if you are interested. We are in Hallam
:banghead

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
The SPS and Candy Cane are in the bin. Something was not quite right in the tank and I didn't want to nuke any more. Prior to these 2 (and the SPS was good until I moved it because of the lemon peel and forgot it) everything was going great. I want to get back to that and start again.

Of course I plan to pull everything out in the next week or 2, treat for white-spot and re-scape (and loose about 70Kg of rock in the process) anyway so there goes those plans....