Reef Discussion

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Blenny sitting on my Leather
Benny the bi-colour blenny has started taking up residence on my leather - which is a finger coral type thing.
That coral goes through a couple of days every so often where it's polyps aren't extended, and it tends to get a bit droopy, as it is at the moment.This behaviour of the coral doesn't bother me, as it usually comes back in full force within a couple of days, and it's always come back bigger than before.

What is new is the blenny taking to perching himself on it - is this likely to be irritating the coral, or should I just let it go, given that the blenny might move along in a day or so (hopefully)?

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
The blenny will claim it as his home!! Mine does the same thing the coral will get used to it they don't move to much and after a while won't agitate the coral (mines polips don't close anymore)

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
heh cool. My leather has its own personality. Just the way it periodically closes up for a day or two, the way it droops, the way it comes back, and the grief that it gives the poor ric on the side of it when it starts drooping over it. Never thought coral would have personality until I bought some :D

alteclansing

Aug 6, 2011
hey it happens to me as well, my flame hawk and bi colour blenny both are resting on the same Finger Leather coral lol