Reef Discussion

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
Blenniella caudolineata, Blue-spotted blenny
Hi guys,
found one of these at my LFS today, and there isn't a whole lot of info on them, just wondering if they would be compatible with a Bicolor Blenny in a 200L if anyone knows anything about them.. By the looks of it they only grow to about 8cm and there a cool looking little jigga

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
can't help you with info but please post a pic up-can't find pics of it other than a line drawing

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Your right, there is not much information about them.
afishpix.kahaku.go.jp_photos_NR0033_NR0033492AI.jpg

Similar habits to your bicolour so there may be some friction but I am not sure how much damage they could do to each other??

Be mindful that they might jump out ;)

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
one will most likely chase the other out. in such a small tank it is difficult to keep more then one blenny, in saying that darren at reef secrets seems to have a tiger blenny pair in a RSM 130.

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
OK update and pics... Bicolor has back off and leaves him alone, although he is still very cryptic, he is defending his little cave =) Now for the pics.. It's this first he's been out since introduction so excuse the grainy quality (shots in auto) as I thought he might've hid once the camera came out, but he seems to like a bit of attention lol
IMG_0332.JPG

IMG_0333.JPG

notice the fine cirri infront of the eyes, along with those magnificent brached cirri above his eyes (I know theres technical names for each of them but I can't remember what they are) Also notice the crest along the top of the nape. From what I've read with the limited info, this is a male. The photo Shane posted is a female
IMG_0334.JPG

IMG_0341.JPG

Attachments

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
Cheers Shane :) Its funny how you only realise how many scratches your tank has once you start taking pics of it :confused:.. In the first pic you can see his hole behind his tail.. Not a bad little spot really being protected by my big hammer!