Tank Journal Archive

holla_passer

Oct 3, 2011
Sydney
Back From The Dead...
Hi everyone!

It's been a few years since I shut down my little 40L nano due to not having the time to really give it the attention it needed or deserved. I ventured into freshwater planted territory for a little while before getting my hands on a couple of baby turtles and setting up a turtle specific tank. As the turtles outgrew the tank I had to send them packing into a bigger set up, which left me with a pretty interesting tank with which to fulfil my underlying passion for nano reefs once again! The 50L turtle tank, as you will see in the pictures, has a raised back and subsequently raised side panels. I thought this might make for an interesting look with an above-water area, almost like a faux intertidal zone, so I decided to use this decommissioned turtle tank for my latest setup.

At the moment, it is still running bare with just some live rock, but it won't be long before some live stock are added. The plan for this tank is to be a mixed reef, dominated by zoas and LPS corals.

Also, I have come a bit of a way since my uni-budget days and so have splurged a bit and treated myself to a sleek LED unit in Kessil's A360WE. The colour on this thing is just awesome.

Anyway, here are a couple of teaser pics:
image-19-10-15-03-05-2.jpeg
image-19-10-15-03-05-1.jpeg
image-19-10-15-03-05-5.jpeg
IMG_1474.jpeg

Last edited:

holla_passer

Oct 3, 2011
Sydney
Slight change in aquascape to raise the intertidal zone a bit more, and also added a nice green torch and heliofungia. iPhone camera really doesn't capture the colour of the LED's.

IMG_1473.jpeg
IMG_1462.jpeg
IMG_1469.jpeg

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Kessil are a nice unit- good luck with the setup - set your heater to 24C as we can expect the water temp to run around 26 to 30 as things start to warm up for summer.

holla_passer

Oct 3, 2011
Sydney
Wow, okay so a lot has happened since my last update on this tank journal. But to cut a long story short, this setup ended up growing out quite well as an LPS/softie/zoanthid mixed reef. However, I ended up moving overseas to London for 2 years at the end of 2016 so had to shut the tank down. Sold most equipment, kept a few things.

Here are some old photos of the set up over that time span:

IMG_0042.JPG
IMG_1570.JPG
IMG_1600.JPG
IMG_2216.JPG
IMG_2257.JPG
IMG_2306.JPG
IMG_2342.JPG
IMG_0042.JPG
IMG_1570.JPG
IMG_1600.JPG
IMG_2216.JPG
IMG_2257.JPG
IMG_2306.JPG
IMG_2342.JPG

ErnestNer

Feb 28, 2024
Greece
wow

the team here just landed a stellar recognition in this must-read article! ?? Have you all seen it yet? I discovered it while scrolling through my feed, and it immediately caught my eye.

You've got to see it:

https://ibit.ly/let-us-feature-your-business-153

What an achievement! ?Major kudos to everyone involved; you're absolutely crushing it!

Don't miss out on checking this out

ErnestNer

Feb 28, 2024
Greece
Exploring the concept of communication and intelligence in marine animals opens up a realm of possibilities for understanding the complexity of their behavior and relationships. It challenges us to rethink our perceptions of these creatures and consider the depths of their abilities beyond what meets the eye.

Anyways, I am looking record new peace for my site,and
would like to present anyone reading this a set free article on my website.

No strings attached
Restrain revealed some of my archetype content.