Reef Discussion

IJG3145

Oct 27, 2015
South Gippsland
Anyone Handy With Acrylic?
I'm looking for someone to make a straight forward cover for my weir, a simple 1 side and front (L shaped), no combs, nothing fancy. Black gloss acrylic approx 410 x 285 x 110mm.

As I live in rural Vic, I have to either travel or ship. Any recommendations in SE Melb or Sth Gippsland Latrobe Valley?
Happy to pay a hobbyist too.

Any suggestions please?

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
I don't know anyone personally, but when I was in the NSW Cichlid Society, there was a member who made lots of great things from acrylic (fry saver etc). I'll see if I can find his details as you might contact him and see what can be done.

Otherwise, I looked a little into building my own acrylic tank and it doesn't seem that difficult. So, have you considered cutting and gluing together something yourself?

IJG3145

Oct 27, 2015
South Gippsland
I don't know anyone personally, but when I was in the NSW Cichlid Society, there was a member who made lots of great things from acrylic (fry saver etc). I'll see if I can find his details as you might contact him and see what can be done.

Otherwise, I looked a little into building my own acrylic tank and it doesn't seem that difficult. So, have you considered cutting and gluing together something yourself?
My left arm is semi paralyzed.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
The fabricator sounds like a good option :)

I assume that this will just be covering a glass weir - if so, you probably don't need it to be made out of 4.5mm acrylic. I would have thought 3mm would have been more than adequate, and probably cheaper.