Off-Topic

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
I have taken up another hobby since closing down the reef tanks, it turned out I had spare time again! I started making knives in november last year and have just started trying to make a dollar out of it. I will take this opportunity to plug my work, here is my facebook page ;)

There is a saying among knifemakers that says if you dont want to make your second knife dont make your first. It is as addictive as reef keeping!

Attachments

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
When I retire, I'm going to get into knife making. I've made a few Tomahawks out of old ball pein hammers, but that's about it. I have been saving old chainsaw chains to make a few blades out of. I took quite a bit of blacksmithing when I was in my machinist apprenticeship.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I have taken up another hobby since closing down the reef tanks, it turned out I had spare time again! I started making knives in november last year and have just started trying to make a dollar out of it. I will take this opportunity to plug my work, here is my facebook page ;)

There is a saying among knifemakers that says if you dont want to make your second knife dont make your first. It is as addictive as reef keeping!
Let me know if you ever move onto chef's knives ;) I have a fetish love of having proper, gorgeous and razer sharp knives in my kitchen!

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
When I retire, I'm going to get into knife making. I've made a few Tomahawks out of old ball pein hammers, but that's about it. I have been saving old chainsaw chains to make a few blades out of. I took quite a bit of blacksmithing when I was in my machinist apprenticeship.
Im going to build a bigger better forge soon and will be attempting a tomohawk or two when I do. I really like the idea of forging my own pattern welded "damascus" steel and the chainsaw blades make for some really interesting patterns.

Let me know if you ever move onto chef's knives ;) I have a fetish love of having proper, gorgeous and razer sharp knives in my kitchen!
I will be making some kitchen knives in the not too distant future. If you want to design something you might be interested in the show me and ill make it for you, if you like it you can buy it and if not I will sell it to someone else so you get to design your own custom kitchen knife with no obligation to buy. Let me know if you are interested ;)

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
A friend of mine does all sorts of knives and handles. He's the one that got me into saving the chains to make blades from. Here's a stock he did for an M1 Garand rifle, only took him 3 years to finish, lol.
awww.freakyshiat.com_upload_files_312_bastogne_spread1.jpg