Reef Discussion

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
Thanks for that link Shane, it's a good read.. Seems like dosing supplementations of manganese and iron are the key... Thankfully I already do that! I'm using B/W Replenish which has manganese in it and a iron supplement to encourage macro growth in my tank, so fingers crossed my new addition does well! I also killed it in the placement of it too, it's half sheltered by live rock, so it's getting the diffused lighting and irregular low flowing current :D

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
I'll see how it goes where it is, apparently according to that link Shane posted, Julian advises using low to moderate lighting for them.. I'll leave it alone for a couple days to settle and see what happens :)

Matman

Jul 13, 2011
Coffs Harbour
I've got mine under full light and it loves it.I mix up a brew of chopped up myisis and brine shrimp and use a turkey baster and squirt a heap into the top of it and it feeds itself.Its grown quite a bit since I've put it in my DT.Only problem I've had is my female clown has worked out there is food in there and is flogging it lol.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
I've got 4x 54W T5's. 1x 20K, 1x Fiji purple and 2x actinic. I've decided I'm going to let it settle for another day or so.. It still hasn't fully expanded yet and then try a few locations, leaving it for a week or so in each one

Matman

Jul 13, 2011
Coffs Harbour
This one i bought a couple of months ago,its doing really well.First shot was taken while having been in my tank a week or so.You can see how much the polyps have extended as you cant see the base of it in the second shot.
ai43.photobucket.com_albums_e394_matman351_IMAG0011_1.jpg

ai43.photobucket.com_albums_e394_matman351_IMAG0181.jpg