Reef Discussion

ryan1986

Sep 6, 2014
Ai Hydra/prime Owners.
Wondering who has an AI prime or hydra and what settings do you use and hows it look in tank.

mcclown

Mar 12, 2017
I've got 2 Hydra 26HD and I just picked up a cheap Prime HD this morning. There's a pretty good facebook group "AI Hydra/Prime Reef Group" that has people sharing settings on it. If you go to the files section (sometimes found under about, depending on how facebook is feeling that day) there is a bunch of files there, with various different purposes.

BRStv also has a schedule that they came up with, which is shown in this video. They also have an investigates episode, where they play around with configurations for the primes.

ryan1986

Sep 6, 2014
Mcclown thank you so much.
I'll borrow the mrs phone and check out the Facebook group and ill watch the BRStv right now.

Jacques Pels

Feb 4, 2017
Gold Coast, QLD
Thanks guys... you asked the question for me .. :p
Got a Prime HD last week for the fish room Q tank, and just received 6 new Hydra 52 yesterday.
Buggering around trying to get them all to connect and sync, and next on the list was what the best settings were... thanks for the steer in the right direction.

Jac

Attachments

Jacques Pels

Feb 4, 2017
Gold Coast, QLD
Ryan - thanks. Had a visit from Gerhard and Dave this morning. I asked the same question, as they have Radions, but the settings they suggested were very similar to this.
I am very happy with the Hydras so far - other than the connectivity to the Cloud, but am sure we will solve that soon enough.

Nice tank mate - good to see a fellow " bare rock" - lets compare progress over the next 6 months :-)
Jac

ryan1986

Sep 6, 2014
Ryan - thanks. Had a visit from Gerhard and Dave this morning. I asked the same question, as they have Radions, but the settings they suggested were very similar to this.
I am very happy with the Hydras so far - other than the connectivity to the Cloud, but am sure we will solve that soon enough.

Nice tank mate - good to see a fellow " bare rock" - lets compare progress over the next 6 months :)
Jac
Sounds good. I'm just taking mine slow and mainly adding coral. I'll be adding another fish soon probably a Blenny or something

jart

Apr 10, 2015
https://www.theaquariumsolution.com/light-presets-hd-ai-led-aquarium-lighting

Thsts meant to be a fantastic preset. I'm trying it out for a week and see how we go.
Congrats on the new lights, Ryan.

One thing I learned with my Hydras early on was that that put out a lot of light! Found that some corals responded well, while for others it was too much intensity and also had a bit of a minor algae while the tank adjusted to the new lights.

Found that the acclimation setting under Effects was a great tool. You set a starting global intensity % and an acclimation period and the lights will apply your lighting setting at the starting % and ramp up to 100% of your settings over the acclimation period.

ryan1986

Sep 6, 2014
Congrats on the new lights, Ryan.

One thing I learned with my Hydras early on was that that put out a lot of light! Found that some corals responded well, while for others it was too much intensity and also had a bit of a minor algae while the tank adjusted to the new lights.

Found that the acclimation setting under Effects was a great tool. You set a starting global intensity % and an acclimation period and the lights will apply your lighting setting at the starting % and ramp up to 100% of your settings over the acclimation period.
Thanks bud. I got told set the calculation at 20% and max of 60% on some channels.
What's the light settings and timing you use.