Off-Topic

Nephrurus

Aug 21, 2011
A few pics of my critters...
Hi all.

I've got a tank and a camera so I decided to try my hand at getting some pictures through the glass.
It's a bit tricky getting decent sharpness through the glass but i managed.

First, my little gangster-nemo clowns. Ugly little buggars...

ai19.photobucket.com_albums_b173_Nephrurus_aquarium_4317.jpg

ai19.photobucket.com_albums_b173_Nephrurus_aquarium_4312.jpg

ai19.photobucket.com_albums_b173_Nephrurus_aquarium_4359.jpg

The fire clown

ai19.photobucket.com_albums_b173_Nephrurus_aquarium_4295.jpg

The blue damsel (there are two).

ai19.photobucket.com_albums_b173_Nephrurus_aquarium_4287.jpg

ANd other random stuff in the tank...

ai19.photobucket.com_albums_b173_Nephrurus_aquarium_4264.jpg

two corallimorphs stinging the hell out of each other.

ai19.photobucket.com_albums_b173_Nephrurus_aquarium_4301.jpg

ai19.photobucket.com_albums_b173_Nephrurus_aquarium_4367.jpg

ai19.photobucket.com_albums_b173_Nephrurus_aquarium_4386.jpg

CHeers!

-H

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Ahhh, I reckon you took those pics with one them new fandancled Kodak dissposable camera's right? With the good wife holding a torch for the lighting? ;)

Great photo's! I love the black clowns, up close I can see why you call them gangsters.

Nephrurus

Aug 21, 2011
MagicJ, the moment those damsels are a problem I'll get a harlequin tuskfish to sort them out.

Haha, Yeah i used an old camera i found in council clean up.... works a treat!

I really use a Nikon D300 with a tamron 90mm macro lens. Lighting is with the main flash (in-built) and two Nikon speedlights set on slave mode. I've never used it to get pics through glass and the results are not-so sharp. Mainly i take photos of other, land-based, critters.
Some of my stuff can be seen here: pbase.com/nephrurus

Oh, I also sharpened, adjusted temperature and removed tiny spots using Adobe Lightroom

Cheers!

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Love the photos Henry you should start a thread in the photo section all types of photos are welcome and alot of members would appreciate it!

Nephrurus

Aug 21, 2011
Well, i might put up a few trip reports from other forums. It's certainly flesh out the photography forum a bit.

Nephrurus

Aug 21, 2011
just youtubed Slingjaw Wrasse. I think it'd be too quick. I'd prefer a tuskfish, or one of those mantis shrimp that eats fish.

Here are a couple of pics I took the other day... I don't have amazing specimens, so I make do with alright photos. Yes, it's a brown zooanthid, but it's a nice picture of a brown zooanthid... Also we have the tanks newest arrival, a fragment of a daisy coral. All 5 polyps are fully extended. I'm keen to see how long it takes to grow a new polyp. I also bought a few crappy frags of elegance corals. One is now fully extended and healthy (green with yellow tips) and the other (brown with white tips) is still looking a bit sickly, but getting better by the day.
_DSC5659.jpg
_DSC5660.jpg
_DSC5673.jpg
_DSC5674.jpg