Tank Journal Archive

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
A Change Is As Good As A Holiday
So with life being really busy the Elos has just been ticking along doing its thing, it doesnt look bad, but it doesnt look great either. It has been mainly SPS dom and that has been going great but there has been cyno issues ever since going to Aquaforest that despite all of the normal causes being ruled out and the normal treatments being applied, just wont budge.

I was originally looking at going to FW for a year or three to take a break whilst the kids and young and the work hours are long but the Mrs has said she would prefer and small reef tank done simply than any kind of FW tank.

So I will be closing down the Elos over the coming months and am slowly getting together some bits and pieces for this "simple" reef tank :)

I will try and do some updates as it progresses.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Simple reef tank is the way to go. I just tested mine for the first time in 2 months ooops. Lucky the auto doser has been doing its job haha

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Sounds like what I did... 1000L down to 250L. It is an absolute dream to maintain compared to the big tank! I am sure you will love it.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Sounds like what I did... 1000L down to 250L. It is an absolute dream to maintain compared to the big tank! I am sure you will love it.
That gives me a bit of confidence that Im doing the right thing!

The plan is to step down to a Red sea reefer 170.

The display is only 130l. So with some decent support systems, it should hopefully be relatively easy to maintain if I make sensible livestock choices.