Tank Journal Archive

70shw

May 19, 2012
Ipswich
5x2x2 reef tank :)
Introduction: Ok lets start by telling you abit about myself, My name is jamie, i live out past ipswich. I have been keeping fresh water fish on and off for about 10 years only really got serious about it about 3 years ago. I still have a 6ft tank full of american cichlids and a 4ft full of african cichlids.

Reefing Since: 4/3/2012

System Objectives: To have a eye catching centre peice in the house

Type of reef: Mixed

Display System:

Initial Fill Date: 4/3/2012

Display Tank Dimensions: 5x2x2

Display Lighting: 6ft Aqua Medic metal halide

Stand: Timber

Hood or Rimless: None

Sump Design: 4x18x15

Filtration: Live rock (Upgrading sump soon to have dsband better design)

Support systems:

NSW or ASW: Both

Display Water circulation: 2x Mp40w 1x on crest mode 1X on pulse mode

Return Pump: Not sure on brand 1850lph

Skimmer: Reef Octopus 800x

Evaporation Top Up: Me :D

Chemical additions:

Calcium Addition: Not at the moment

Alkilinity Addition: Not at the moment

Magnesium Addition: Not at the moment

Prodibiotics Addition: Not at the moment

Coral Food Addition: Marine snow and my own frozen mix of seafood

I added a few pictures ;)

Attachments

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Looking good and :welcome Thats a nice size tank you've got going! What do you put in your own mix of food?

What future plans have you got for stocking or keeping it as is for now??

You can also upload images at full size instead of the thumbnails ;)

70shw

May 19, 2012
Ipswich
I buy marinara mix from woolworths, wash it off, throw it all in the blender with a glove of garlic and blend :D Future plans include transferring all my live rock and live stock to my 6x2x2.5h tank then turning the 5ft into a predator tank. There are quite a few fish in the tank at the moment but some are going to find new homes (a humbug and 2 ugly cardinals lol) some are going to go in my daughters nano tank (2x clowns) and the rest will stay and will join my new fish once I get them. Haha thanks I will upload them in full next time

70shw

May 19, 2012
Ipswich
Well the big move to the 6ft tank is starting, i have removed sump from the 5ft tank and cleaned it all out, i have installed 4 of the 6 bulkheads and 3 of the 5 ball valves (didn't have enough) im going to buy more tomorrow aswell as the rest of the plumbing, i will post some pictures of the new tank soon