Reef Discussion

Henry G

Oct 9, 2012
Brisbane
430am Collection. New Shrimp!
So here are some snaps of the new shrimp I've'e collected for my system. I am always after unique and different stuff. I have found some seriously micro guys this time! The first bunch of photos are of a Periclimenes species, possibly Periclimenes Soror, or a variant. But I cant positively I.D them just yet. The second species I have no idea on even a family so its going to take me a while to ID. I have never seen a marine species like it. Very reminiscent of your common freshwater cherry shrimp. Lucky for me its a preggo female so with any luck I may have more in the future. My tank is void of predators so I hope if any shrimp baby's are release I will have some survive. Any help with the Id of the second one would be awesome! its a sweet find and I only came across the one. I also grabbed a group of pistols too, I have 3 already, a red and green and a green striped. the group of pistols I got today are all green tigers. If anyone would like one let me know! happy to send one your way. They are super reef safe and make excellent cleaners for under and around your rocks. constantly turning the substrate over. They are communal and can be observed roaming during daylight too. mine run all over the place.

pictures! For size reference used a milk bottle cap for my "photo booth" (from my tanks top-up bottle hahaha)

The first I have 2 greens, 1 Red. The Periclimenes sp. where found in various macro algae, the colour of the shrimp corresponded with the algae they were found in.
ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o292_amazonlover125_DSC_0733_zpsf5d2109e.jpg
ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o292_amazonlover125_DSC_0736_zpsab14cd57.jpg

The unknown and very sexy little shrimp. TINY!! I give myself a pat on the back for spotting this just past sunrise this morning.
ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o292_amazonlover125_DSC_0743_zpsa152a305.jpg
ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o292_amazonlover125_DSC_0744_zpsa2a939fd.jpg

and a quick shot of the pistols.
ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o292_amazonlover125_DSC_0749_zps2637b05f.jpg

Miller

Dec 4, 2012
traralgon
i have a couple of these pistols in my tank
never see them but hear them every now and then but in a re-scape i caught one pretty interesting little guys
nice find with the other shrimps mate :)

Henry G

Oct 9, 2012
Brisbane
they are pretty awesome yes! I think when more are grouped together they get bolder. Or at least it seems so in my system. Unless the lack of fish, so no potential predators, is why they just roam about.

Man can they light off a crack when you least expect it though.

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
[quote="Henry G, post: 120155, member: 886".. If anyone would like one let me know! happy to send one your way [/quote]
I would love one! Though...it'll probably eat my crab....but I think my crab is eating my GSP....so....would love one!! LOL