Off-Topic

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
3D Movies
So does anyone else here have a 3D tv?

What movies did you find worked really well in 3D?

I just got through watching Transformers - Dark of the Moon, which wasn't too shabby in 3D.
Final Destination 5 really worked for 3D almost excessively.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
what tv do you have shane? ive been liking the new tvs that dont need batterys in the glass's

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
I HATE 3D shit. The cinema was bad, but the T.V is worse. My dad purchased one and I can't stand it. I believe no movies work in 3D.
Ya know, some people's eyesight just doesn't cope with it. My old man has that problem. He can't see a damn thing different.

I really quite the like the depth perception. It was never really a feature I bought the TV for, but once I started with a couple of decent movies, and adjusted the settings to suit me, it seems pretty cool. Bit hard on the eyes at times though.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
My eyes can cope with it, I just don't like it. I think a nice crisp image is much better.
If you aren't seeing a nice crisp image, you're seriously not seeing it right!
Everything 3D I watch in 1080p and it doesn't look any less sharp in 3D than otherwise - unless the glasses disconnect, in which case it looks like shit.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
definitely the best 3d movie i have ever seen. it was unreal, nothing like current 3d movies. they have nothing on avatar

Nov 17, 2011
Northside Brisbane, 4017
We went TV searching last weekend :)

I could not believe the price drop and complete range of crap there is out there. Poor folks being fooled into buying a HDTV that only does 1366x768!!!! Read the specs people!!

Then we come to the debate over Plasma, LCD or LED which will go on for years.

3D will have come and gone in 5 years. Kind of like VCD and LaserDisc :)

I'll tell the whole world "I told you so" now ;)

Still searching........

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
I cant watch 3D for more than about 10 mins because it hurts my brain!

Its a shame coz I played COD Black ops on my brothers ps3 in 3D and it was awesome... it just hurts!

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
We went TV searching last weekend :)

I could not believe the price drop and complete range of crap there is out there. Poor folks being fooled into buying a HDTV that only does 1366x768!!!! Read the specs people!!

Then we come to the debate over Plasma, LCD or LED which will go on for years.

3D will have come and gone in 5 years. Kind of like VCD and LaserDisc :)

I'll tell the whole world "I told you so" now ;)

Still searching........
Crap is right. I managed to pick a cheaper model that does 1920x1080, is classed as Smart TV, had more than 2HDMI inputs and did 3D without spending a shit load. It's a plasma that actually looks better than some of the LCDs I've seen around (and I'm not talking cheap). Took some looking with the shear amount of underspec'd stuff getting around.