Tank Journal Archive

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
3 Months In
Okay, so I have been really lazy on the updates and took a semi-decent clip of Friday so I thought id upload it to try and keep some kinda record.

My video skills are worse than my photos skills but the iphone seems to get the least flicker or blue out from the LEDs

Really happy with my PE and my reds and blues are insane but I think the macroalgae may be chewing up my iron as I just don't seem to get the same vibrancy on those.

I am still on 5% water changes each day, dosing AF component 1,2,3 at around 40mls each. Auto feeder is on 4 times daily at 4 revolutions on the smallest setting on the hopper.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Thanks, Sam.

It is still a bit empty but I think it has still got some more cycling to do before i can fully load it up.

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
Absolutely stunning!

When I first saw it I thought FMDead, he's visited Majestic Aquariums and come away with all the plastic shit.

Seriously, that how unreal it looks.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Thanks Guys,

There isnt a heap more stuff that I want to add, there is a shelf above the one where the two gonis are and I want to add a pink and purple there, Id also like to do a ric and scolly garden along the bottom edge of the rocks, after that just let it go and hopefully the sps up top can get going

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Look at these filters for your camera. I have bought some and they really do a great job at cutting the blue for photos and video.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sea...lgo_pvid=3bf3a9e4-6911-4660-b094-8d3a93615fe8
I have something similar, the little bits of tinted film for exotic aquaculture but i find it makes the colours look a bit unrealistic to what they actually are. The thing I like about the kessil is how easy it is to adjust the spectrum so you can take photos without it being fully blued out