Tank Journal Archive

ryan1986

Sep 6, 2014
2/9/2018 Update
Sorry been a while, few changes happened over last 3 months some good some bad.

Unfortunate I found the blasto I had purchased was hosting a nasty apistasia so I had to remove him :( i decided to let the tank sit in n that state to see if he had spread or not which he had so I was able to remove that small part of the rock.

Now it's been a few weeks and no more nasty friends. YAY.

I was offered a bubble tip anenome and some clowns and after research I ended up buying a crispa anenome and clowns. He is only a small guy but he will grow.

I bought another hammer to expand my garden.

Had to buy a new heater as mine decided to stuff up and each time it turned on it tripped the power.

I move the zoa up the top as they were stretching alot for the light.

I am going to be buying more hammers, a big leather and alot of scans and corals to fill in the scape.

I need to lower the nitrates alot but I'll keep on doing larger waterchanges.

Attachments

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Nice fish , nice aiptasia, too bad you decided to get rid of such a beautiful glass nem. You can chase Nitrate numbers as much as you like but ultimately it will be Phosphate that you will be keeping your eye on . Give your tank a bit of time to catch up ..... the all too frequent water changes are a fresh water hang over from the past. You are now in SW company and if you decide to go SPS yes then it’s time to check back on the water changes, some of the guns here don’t even do them....as often as you might think.

ryan1986

Sep 6, 2014
Nitrates were between 20-50 so would like to get them around 5-10. I'm thinking when I get my good payout I will enlist Sam's help setting up a LiterMeter system and if needed a reactor and dosing system.

I'll need to look into phosphate and dosing now I got the anenome.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Sam is a good bloke who will help you heaps. Enjoy the ride cos you will be in safe hands with him teaching you the tricks.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
More than happy to help setup a litermeter! But I agree with Nils, give the tank time to catchup and the parameters will soon fall into line :)