Reef Discussion

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
REVIEW: Ecotech CG Coral Gel Glue
REVIEW

ecotech coral glue.jpg

We all know that aquascapeing can become a pain and that often the products used don't hold the corals in the places you want them to be, i have used multiple glues and this one seems to be the best bang for buck!

Ecotech coral glue comes in a large 295ML this amount of glue would last the average aquarist a life time!!, not to much is needed to securely stick down corals to rocks or even to the walls of the tank, yes i said that i even managed to get a frag to stick underwater to acrylic on my end wall, and it was surprisingly easy.

One thing i wish i didn't try was using the bottle under water, ecotech boasts that you can easily put the bottle under water and glue down frags, for me this was a huge FAIL, all that ended up happing was a sticky mess on my hands! ;)
the other downside was that a lot of the salt water got sucked into the bottle and caused a large build up of glue to go hard!!!

Would i attempt to use the bottle under water again? HELL NO,

On all other levels this is a great product for glueing corals down, or gluing rock together, and the large bottle means you wont be running out any time soon,

The glue can be applied to frags and corals out side of the water you then have around 2 minutes in the water before it starts to set , this give you enough time to get the position of the coral correct and hold it in place waiting for it to set.

The end cap also has a large needle in it and i haven't had a blockage yet what is a great sign compared to competing products.

This product usually sells for $50-$100 depending on stores.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
id like to add that its not that easy to keep the preasure in the bottle when you are trying to stick a coral down :confused:

V

'vspec'

Just be thankful your fingers are separated. :)
Thanks for the review bud