Reef Discussion

ifyalucky

Jul 15, 2011
MY DIY LED BUILD
Hi everyone

Well a couple of weeks ago i decide stuff it i need these lights and only way i can afford them is to do a DIY so i looked around and decide to go with a set of 90 led kit from aquastyleonline.com ordered on 19/7 and sending a few email back and forward they were sent on the 21/7 i recived them in mail the 28/7:) so night one i wanted to get some down on the heat sink so i could see what they looked like cranked up i put 14 down first and powered them up here some pic as i got them and day one..009.JPG019.JPG020.JPG021.JPG027.JPG

ifyalucky

Jul 15, 2011
Day too of my build i had a test run for over 1.5 hours to see if the heat sink got hot with very little heat i went forward and was on a misson to get the rest of the leds dow that night. here is a few more photos as i was putting then on the heat sink034.JPG037.JPG

ifyalucky

Jul 15, 2011
Day three i was on misson too get all led joined with wires and come to a holt when the solidering iron stop working so end the night sort so saturday mornig being day four a went and got a new one and got all wires on ready for the controler on day 5 being today i got it all wired up here is some more pics of how it turn out as u will see i have no water or stock in tank but just so everyone can see result a will be making a hood to mount it all in as the rest of the build with the tank goes on here some more pics let me no your thoughts036.JPG037.JPG038.JPG039.JPG040.JPG041.JPG042.JPG

Attachments

ifyalucky

Jul 15, 2011
i should add my cost here so people can see what it was worth
- 90 led diy kit $262 us with postage
-heat sink $20 from scrap metal yard got more than i need but got enough left to do another set lol
-6xfans from ebay computer 120mm $24 with postage
-power supply for fan yet to get but seen them for no more than $20
- timer from ebay still to come power board style with digatal timer on it can turn on and off 5 time a day on 5 power points

so as you can all see the total cost of what i spent to do this projct was not much at all really

marineclass

Jul 12, 2011
Gold Coast
Nice post - i have a couple of questions
1. What colour ratio did you get?
2. Are the led from Aquastyleonline crees?
3. What size tank are you setting them up on?

great information and pictures - cant wait to see it with stock in there.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Nice post - i have a couple of questions
1. What colour ratio did you get?
2. Are the led from Aquastyleonline crees?
3. What size tank are you setting them up on?

great information and pictures - cant wait to see it with stock in there.
To reply to number 2, no they are not crees they are the cheaper bridgelux leds

ifyalucky

Jul 15, 2011
They are not cree they are bridgelux but i m on a budget to do this build and ratio i got 48 blue and 38 white with 4 violet have not hooked them up yet and my tank is 4 x 2 deep and 1.5 wide

ifyalucky

Jul 15, 2011
i m hoping my timer turn up this week than i can set it up with on and off so on. i cant wait to get this tank set up either i have sourced skimmer now pick it up tomorrow i have a reef octpus 3000 3x over kill maybe so only left to get return pump than set it all up;)